If you’ve got yourself a new Nespresso Vertuo Next by De’Longhi you know these special coffee pods have a barcode that your machine reads, and that the drinks are all pre programmed to come out a certain way. But what if that’s not quite working for you? Let’s make this our little secret, but you can actually adjust a drink size or water volume on the spot, and you can even re-program your machine to read those barcodes in the way YOU want it to. Here’s how to adjust drink sizes on Nespresso Vertuo Next by De’Longhi.
Nespresso Vertuo Next: how to adjust drink sizes – one time
Let’s say you decide last second to change your drink size, or you didn’t choose a big enough cup and want to stop it.
If you do need to stop the flow of water early, you can press the button again, and it’ll shut down with a bit of delay. Similarly you can top up a coffee by pushing the button after the coffee is made, then pushing it again when you want it to stop.
Nespresso Vertuo Next: How to permanently reset drink sizes?
You can also Permanently change the water volume and save it as a new preset.
The drink size of each pod is specific to each capsule type dictated by that special barcode on the pod; there’s Alto, Mug, Gran Lungo, Double Espresso or Espresso. But you can alter this on your machine if you want and the machine will store it as a new saved preference.
To make a permanent change to a coffee size:
- Open the machine head; insert the capsule you want to program.
- Close the head and lock the machine. Wait; Light will blink while the machine is heating up.
- Push and hold the button until your desired volume is reached.
- A steady light indicates the machine is ready.
- Now, once a customer-specific volume is programmed by the user, every time that capsule type is inserted in the machine, the preparation will stop at the user-programmed cup size.
How to factory reset Nespresso Vertuo Next
Need to reset everything back to day 1 or otherwise do a factory reset?
- Open the machine head and let the used capsule be
- Close the head. Leave the handle in “UNLOCKED” position.
- Push the button 5 times within 3 seconds.
- The button blinks 5 x orange and changes than to steady white
Adjusting drink sizes on Nespresso Vertuo Next by De’Longhi
That’s how to get your Nespresso Vertuo Next by De’Longhi working for you. Now you aren’t stuck with the set sizes; you can even reprogram your machine so you always get the drink you want. You can pick one up at Amazon or Walmart.
Still considering whether a Vertuo Machine is right for you. here are some of the reasons people love these machines.
*A note about Affiliate Links: Occasionally I will include affiliate links in my reviews. I do this partly for convenience of the reader (since I’ll almost always include a link to the company website or similar anyway) in case you want to read more or purchase but I also may get a small commission from the click, which helps me keep the blog running. If you choose to use this link I thank you greatly for supporting the blog. There’s no obligation or cost to you for using this link.