If you just bought an all new Google Nest Audio smart speaker you might be wondering how to get Nest Audio set up.
Fortunately, setting up Google Nest devices is extremely easy. If this is your first Google Nest device, you will need to sign up for the Google Home app and then log in. Adding a device is easy and the app will actually do most of the work for you.
How to set up Nest Audio speakers?
Go into the Google Home app and look near the top of the screen. You’ll see a small bubble with ‘Set Up New / 2 devices’ inside. (If you don’t see that bubble, just go to the “+” on the top left of the app and choose Set Up Device, then Set up New Devices”. )
Click that bubble and follow the instructions. You’ll be choosing which Google Nest devices to add, then link up to your Wi-Fi network. You may also be asked to update the Nest firmware. A test sound will confirm the speakers are properly connected, then you’ll assign it to a room in your house and give each speaker a unique name.
How to make a Stereo Pair with Nest Audio
If you’d like to use two Nest Audio speakers as a stereo pair, it’s possible to pair them together and assign both left and right channels. Here’s how to do it:
- If you haven’t already, set up each speaker in the Google Home app.
- Make sure that the smartphone you’re using to set up each speaker pair is connected to the same WiFi network as the speakers.
- Open the Google Home app and tap on one of the speakers that you wish to pair.
- Tap on the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Speaker pair then Next.
- If you don’t see speaker pair, check your other Nest Audio Speaker’s settings; mine didn’t show the pairing option for the other speaker
- Choose which two devices you want to make a speaker pair out of, then tap Next.
- You will be asked to choose which room your speaker pair is in. Select or create a room, and then tap Next.
- Give your speaker pair a unique name, like “Living Room Stereo” and tap Next.
How to Unpair Nest Audio Speakers
If you no longer want to use your speakers as a stereo pair, you can unpair them. Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi or linked to the same account as your Google Nest or Home speaker.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the speaker pair.
- At the top right corner, tap Settings Speaker pair Separate speaker pair Separate.
- Important: After you un-pair your speakers, you’ll need to re-link the device that was on the right side to your Google Account:
- From the Home tab, select the right-side speaker that you need to re-link tap Settings Link Account.
- You’ll see your two speakers listed separately on the home screen.
How to group Nest Audio Speakers
You can also group your Nest Audio speakers with other Google speakers too. Again, make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi or linked to the same account as your Chromecast, Nest speaker, or Nest display.
- Open the Google Home app.
- At the top left, tap Add Create speaker group.
- Tap each device you want to add to the group. A check will appear next to each device you select.
- Tap Next Enter a name for your group Save.
Getting your new Nest Audio speakers set up is easy and hassle free. If you want to learn more about these all new speakers, read the full review here on the blog.